Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Im off to CHA!




I'm at the airport waiting for my flight. I dragged two bags of stuff for CHA. I checked a huge bag that Mike from Provocraft left with me to take back to him. Handy but I think that means I will be bringing my stuff home in a cardboard box! hee hee!


Yesterday I got to spend some time with an old friend. Shelley and I went to elementary school together and all the way through HS we were close. We had a million adventures! Boys, toiletpapering houses, backyard carnivals, our parents divorces... oh my gosh, so much more! Let's just say my past is definitely tied to hers and it was wonderful! She was my best friend for many years growing up and even though she and I dont see her often I still feel completely connected to her.



She recently lost 50 lbs on a vegetarian high protein diet and she looks fabulous! I told her she was aging beautifully and she said i wasn't aging at all. ha! I wish! We joked about being closer to 40 than 30. We talked about old times and promised to scan old pictures of eachother to share. It's strange to think of a time when we didnt get before double prints! She has photos I have never seen no doubt and same here. Anyway, I am a Happy People because I have such wonderful friends!

1 comment:

geogems said...

"...make new friends, but keep the old. one is silver and the other is gold." (An elementary school friend of mine was just here and we spent time laughing, crying, and promising we would do better, keeping in touch.) It's so great you can "pick up" anywhere and they get it. Hope to see you soon old friend. hugs, geo