Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Every year I struggle on this day.  I have written in the past about how Mother's Day affects people, not only with happiness and joy but with longing, sadness, and grief.  If you would like to know more, I have two blog posts:

"When Mother's Day Approaches"

"It's one of those days and I am not alone"


As I am still holding on to the hope of becoming a mother, I thought it would be a good time to write an update on my IVF Journey.

I haven't written for a while for a few personal reasons but I'm happy to announce that some solid decisions have been made and instead of doing a "fresh transfer" I will be doing a frozen transfer. To sum it up, I will be doing the IVF Cycle with an extra step.  My egg donor will be completing her cycle end of May and I will know some time in the first week of June, how many good embryos I have.  I will then know how many chances I will have to get pregnant!

It's a good decision but took some time to make. Now that I know my new path, I am feeling hopeful again.

I am planning my first transfer end of August.  If all goes well, this time next year, I could be a new mommy.

For now, I'm giving birth to another business for the summer.  In case you didn't see, I am opening a pop-up store to fund the Charity Wings Art Programs called ART+SUPPLIES.  Yes, I am certifiably insane. For more details see my new Facebook Page.


As for the baby journey, I just keep trying to eat healthy, live healthy and stay positive as I mend my heart and plan for whatever the universe has for me.
If you got this far, thanks for reading, thank you for caring, and never let go of your hopes and dreams!

#crazycharitygirl
#findingmyhope
#babyunicorn

5 comments:

Libby Williamson said...

Love and hugs and prayers to you!❤️🙃

NCSfeir said...

Thank you for sharing your journey. You are amazing! Lots of love and prayers coming your way.

Rachel said...

Praying for it to be a great success for you!!

Unknown said...

Prayers and positive vibes for you! ♥♥♥

Karen said...

I hope the stars align for you & you have success! Big prayers