Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Friday, May 08, 2009

Im going to submit!!!

Ok, that statement may have two meanings but I am talking about submitting some of my artwork to Stampington & Co. to try to get published. I have never wanted to before because I hate hate hate rejection. I am just too insecure to have my art work judged like that. Which is why I do not do contest at SBR events and I stopped doing the judging at my scrapbook club at Pink Pineapple. I just really love creating for me and if I like it, then that is what makes me happy. If someone else likes it, that is just a bonus. BUT... that being said, I am going to do it. I am an outside the box crafter and I kind of got the idea that that is what they are looking for after...
da da da da....


Jana Holstein, Jenny Doh and Cheryl Waters were my guests last night at Scrapbook Club!! They were sooooooooo awesome! I can't tell you how much everyone, including myself, enjoyed them. They were super encouraging, shared some great stories, shared some great art and Cheryl shared a beautiful tag make and take. I just really really love that girl!
This is my unfinished project. I will finish it, and take better photos but it is a calendar with the kit which was the entire Magical Wishes line from Webster's Pages. The papers are amazingly beautiful!
And Jenny Doh is the editor and Chief for Somerset Magazine and one of her babies is Apronology. I got to take a photo with her with our aprons on! That was a treat!
She made this one at Miss Vicky's Retreat which I will be at in June... for a Designing with the Diva's Extravaganza! I will be teaching my little birthday hat book. I hope you can all come!! details on the website.

Dang I look colorful!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL SELF SACRAFICING WOMEN. I have to tell you though, my mom is a superwoman. I thank God every day that I picked her to be mine.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

RollerScrapper said...

You should totally submit your stuff. You have a great flair for the creative, just look at your craft room and SBR! I was very inspired by the presentation too and I think your style would be great in a number of their publications!

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jennifer! You should totallly submit too! I mean it!

Gloria King said...

Dear E great post....pictures look great..You should totally submitt your stuff is great...gloria

Cheryl ~ Fiskateer #002 said...

I love you riht back my friend!!! Love you right back and thank you for having me. It was a lovely time with old and new friends.

Melissa Kennedy said...

go for it girl
your work is gorgeous - they would be crazy not to accept your work

Jenny Doh said...

Thank you SO much, Elena. It was great fun to meet up with you at Pink Pineapple. You are so encouraging and so supportive ... it was very inspiring to see you in action. Thank you.
Jenny :)

Sheila Goldsberry said...

Of course you should submit something. You're work is great! You are one talented lady!