Becoming a mother at 46 and the adventure of having a baby unicorn!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Leaving Taiwan. Hard decisions....

Well, its been a heck of a visit. I am leaving tomorrow afternoon. I have had a lot of time to think about things on this trip and have a lot more to think about now that I have been here. Before I met Jean-Claude my plan was to move to Taiwan and live here for a while. If I did not have Scrapbook Royalty, this is what I would do now. There is a lot of opportunity for me here. I can open a studio and teach scrapbooking, or open a store, or ... well, let's just say skies the limit. and I have resources here and it is where I really would love to be. It's hard. Before I met Jean-Claude I was free, had no commitments and could leave the US without any regrets. Not the same freedom now... For those of you that dont know, I moved to taiwan shortly after i met Jean-Claude and because we became serious I moved back after only 7 months. So, I went home and planted roots and now I have Scrapbook Royalty and it is like my baby. I have worked so hard to grow it and commit my life to it and it has given me purpose. But can it support me? I am just not sure... So right now, I am trying to find a way for me to keep SBR and live. Never in my life have i had to support myself. This is a truly new path for me. But it is one that I insist on walking and I know I will be a better person for it. What does the future hold for the Traveling Princess... who knows. but I know I will be a Happy People no matter what!

Now go read this post by my new wonderful friend Suzi Blu. She is an amazing artist and if you scroll down you will see what amazing thing she painted for me for my bday!!

http://suziblu.typepad.com/a_lovely_dream/2009/12/mermaids-hair-goin-on-the-road.html

4 comments:

Sweet Escape said...

Don't worry Elena, you will get thru it all!!..seems like you have a lot to think about!!,,just do what you feel is best for you and your loved ones, cuz that's all that really matters!!

The Silotts said...

just remember to do what you feel is right, all the rest will fall into place... works every time.

Unknown said...

Oh Elena ,I can so relate. I am trying so hard to support myself too.After different losses this past year You asked for a contact to Art and Soul here is it is Glenny is very sweet and runs it , this is her blog.http://artandsoulretreats.wordpress.com/ Hugs Julie

geogems said...

Elena,

"sometimes we have to take the leap and build our wings on the way down" Follow your heart. Love, geo ps that's a geogem